The Lion Trail
To earn the Lion rank a Cub Scout must complete the following requirements.
- Complete each of the following Lion required adventures with your den or family:
- Lion's Honor
- Fun on the Run
- Animal Kingdom
- Mountain Lion
- King of the Jungle
After the Cub Scout has completed an adventure, he is awarded the adventure's sticker.
Required Lion Adventures
- Show the Cub Scout sign. Tell what it means.
- Repeat the Cub Scout motto. Tell what it means.
- Show the Cub Scout salute. Tell what it means.
- Show teamwork and good sportsmanship by playing a game with your den.
- Participate in an outing
Fun on the Run
- Learn and demonstrate three exercises you can do each day
- Have Lions make a nutritious snack for the den
- Understand the importance of rest
- Participate as a den in a Jungle Field Day
- Learn the role of someone who provides a service to your community.
- Demonstrate you know what to do in an emergency.
- Choose two energy saving projects to practice in your home for two weeks.
- Participate in a Lion Den family service project for others.
Gather the outdoor items you need to have with you when you go on an outdoor adventure and understand how
they are used. Also understand and commit to practicing the buddy system.
- Learn what SAW (Stay, Answer, Whistle) means. Demonstrate what you can do to stay safe if you become separate from the group when you are outdoors.
- Demonstrate an understanding of respect for animals and nature when participating in a learning hike.
King of the Jungle
Participate in a flag ceremony with your den.
- Explain what it means to be a good citizen.
- Explain what it means to be a leader.
Elective Lion Adventures
I'll Do It Myself
Make and use a "Lion bag" and hanger for personal Scouting gear.
- Make a personal care checklist.
- Practice tying shoelaces.
Pick My Path
Explain that choices have consequences.
- Perform a Good Turn for an other person.
- Teach a game to another person. This requirement may be accomplished at home or at the outing.
Gizmos and Gadgets
Explore properties of motion.
- Explore properties of force.
- Use household materials to create a useful object.
On Your Mark
Participate in a game with your den.
- Participate in an obstacle course relay.
- Participate in a box derby race.
Build It Up, Knock It Down
Discuss with other Lions things that can be built and things that can be knocked down.
- Discuss with other Lions how they and their fellow Lions can be built up and knocked down, not just physically, but also emotionally.
- Build structures using available materials.
Rumble in the Jungle
Play a game with rules; indicate an understanding of the rules and why it is important to follow the rules while playing the game.
- Choose a jungle animal that you would like to be, describe the animal and why you chose it. Participate in a parade with the other animals in your den. Communicate with other animals using your animal's sounds, both as loudly as you can and as softly as you can.
Ready, Set, Grow
Visit with an individual who can demonstrate different ways to garden (outside, greenhouse, container, etc.) and the basic skills needed to garden.
- Learn where the food we eat comes from.
- Plant a small container garden.